Basmati Matar Pulao Recipe
Matar Pulao is a very simple and easy recipe which can be prepared in a jiffy. The aroma of basmati rice makes it even more tastier. There are many varieties of matar pulao. I have shared the recipe which you can prepare anytime. If you have a surprise guest then you can make this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mints
Cooking Time: 15 mints
Serves: 7-8 People (If making 1 Kg Rice)
- Basmati Rice: 1 Kg (Wash and soaked in water for 30 mints)
- Ghee- 4Tbsp
- Green Peas- 200gms (You can add more if you want)
- Onion- 2 (Thinly Sliced)
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Cloves- 4-5
- Green Cardamom- 2-3
- Black Cardamom-2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Shah Zeera- 1/2tsp
- Salt- 6tsp
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pot.
- Add whole spices to it. Saute till you get the aroma of the spices.
- Now add water to it. **(If you take 1 cup of rice, then you need to add 2 cups of water ).
- Add green peas to the water and then add the salt.
- Once the water starts boiling, add basmati rice to it.
- Stir the rice with spoon or laddle so that it gets the flavor of the spices.
- Keep the flame on high, till you see the water bubbles.
- Once the water starts boiling again, turn the flame to low and cover the pot and cook for 10-15mints.
- Your pulao is now ready. Add fried onions on the top and mix it with the rice.
- Garnish your pulao with pomegranates, fried kaju and golden onions.
- Serve hot with curries and raita.
Heat 1 tbsp ghee and fry the thinly sliced onions till they become golden brown.